11/10/2008

A Newcomer Review of BICS - Part 2

Since I’ve already blogged about the amount of money we spent on graphic novels and trades I should mention the amount of money we spent on food. While the food available at BICS was fresh and damn tasty it was a little on the expensive side. I have to quote Lee on this as he summed it up perfectly, “It’ll fill a hole in your stomach but it will leave an even bigger hole in your wallet.”

I suggest to anyone wanting to visit a Comic Con that doesn’t want to spend a fair amount of money on munchies to take your own with you. After all, there are much, much better things to spend your funds on when you’re surrounded by comics! That carrot cake was PERFECT though...

Photobucket

Now, Cosplayers. I’ve never had much experience with cosplayers but I’ve always thought they were pretty cool. I was right, they are VERY cool people. I was chatting to the guy dressed up as The Joker outside on day 2 and from what he said, the amount of time and effort that goes into their characters is amazing. He had made the costumes himself, by hand and he looked incredible!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know there are a lot of people who find the idea of grown Men and Woman playing ‘dress-up’ to be immature and quite silly. I couldn’t disagree more. Even if it’s just for the excited look on the face of the little boy who gleefully told me he’d just seen Batman, it’s worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Can’t think of much else to say right now. Will probably edit this post later to add some more.

No comments: